Friday, May 20, 2011

Victoria Day Weekend




It's a long weekend here in Canada..the first warm, hopefully sunny one of the season!

To celebrate, I whipped up my kitchen sink version of Sangria, which if I may say so, turned out very nicely. The perfect patio drink.

1 bottle of Spanish Rioja Rose wine
2 cups Italian Blood Orange Soda (President's Choice makes a yummy version available in Canada)
1 sliced Mineola tangerine
1 sliced lime
1 sliced apple
a couple of shots of triple sec

I let the sliced fruit sit in the triple sec for about 15 minutes before I added the rest of the ingredients. Serve in chilled glasses with ice.

Freshly made salsa and tortilla chips to nibble on the side and you are good to go!

Have a lovely long weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!

There was an error in this gadget