red sand therapy


Prince Edward Island 2011






After a few weeks of sinking our toes into the red sand in PEI we are back to summer in the city.

We had an amazing holiday.

Our days were filled with sea-glass hunting, walks to town along the beach, building sandcastles, exploring new beaches, coastal drives, and of course eating lots of fresh island seafood and ice cream!

We were joined by my dad, my brother Jim and sister-in-law Tonya to reconnect after a year of many changes. It was a difficult journey for me to make without my mom...but happily lots of new memories were made.
Time spent on the road and at the beach allowed me the freedom to spend some serious time reflecting on the loss of my mom as we reach the first anniversary of her death later this month. It was a time of healing.

The red-sand beaches of the south shore are so beautiful. I'm always a little bit overwhelmed by the beauty of this island. The salty sea air was just what I needed. It is the place I go to in my mind when I need to recharge.

I hope you are enjoying your summer and creating new memories with your family.

Happy summer,

Debra




















1 comment

Thanks so much for your comments!