Monday, January 23, 2012

Oh Happy Weekend!


Don't you just love weekends? Especially when they are sunny ones full of play.

Friday night I attended the Opening Party for CB2's first international location here in Toronto. They opened up shop in the former Big Bop. Do you remember The Big Bop? If you're not from Toronto...it was a very popular dance club in the 80's and early 90's.

Anyways, the space looked great. I love how open and light filled it is with the glass wall on the entire side of the building. I was there at night but it must be lovely and bright during daylight.

I didn't take many photos but did snap this one of some pendants that caught my eye. They are made out of cardboard! I also loved the little plates that they created to celebrate CB2's Canadian debut.


Saturday morning, my daughter and I met some friends for hot chocolates and a visit to a new local shop called The Beau & Bauble. It appeared to be a hit with my daughter and her friends. Isabella declared it the "coolest shop ever". Why? It is full of treasures girls love and it has been created especially for them -- tweens.


We will definitely be back to The Beau & Bauble. I think it will be a great place to pick up birthday gifts and favor bag treats.

Walking along Dundas we stopped in a couple more shops you may want to visit. One was Pom-Pom from Narwhal Art Projects . This is a pop-up winter boutique showcasing handmade treasures, original artwork and interesting printed matter. We loved the whimsical creations of artist Julie Moon which are displayed in the shop. You'll have to hurry though as this collection will only be there until February 19th. Then a new collection of curated items will pop-up.



Cute kitty perched on books in Pom-Pom.

Next stop was Kid Culture. I have been meaning to drop in here for ages. Very charming shop. I love that they feature so much local handmade goodness.


Lunch break ... a stop at the always bustling Pho Huong on Pacific for tea and spring rolls. After fueling up we headed over to the new art supply shop that opened recently called Articulations.


I am so excited to see an art supply store open in The Junction. Articulations offers supplies, workshops and creative exhibitions. Isabella found the art installation "Neon Glow" captivating.

Lots of great supplies!

I love the displays of their supplies.

I was admiring this amazing cabinet they picked up down the street at Smash.

I'm definitely going to look into some of the workshops they are offering - including paper-cutting and block printing. They also offer drop-in/open studio time, artist talks, crafternoons and programs for children and adults.

One of my favorite spots in The Junction is Smash.


I cannot wait to be able to buy some great pieces for our house post-reno!



And no stroll through The Junction is complete without a stop at Delight for a chocolate fix before we strolled home :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!

There was an error in this gadget