Friday, October 19, 2012

Holiday Inspiration and Organizing



Dare I post about Christmas when it's barely Halloween?

What if it's a post to help you get in the "spirit" of organizing yourself for Christmas? I'll go with that theme...

When I received some beautiful images from Ikea promoting their Holiday products I couldn't help myself. I love paper, ribbon, twine, and fabric. It's my weak spot and it's all laid out so pretty in these images.


I always have brown kraft paper on hand to wrap gifts. But I like the idea of using smaller pieces of wrapping paper as ribbon.




I love the idea of using fabric remnants to wrap gifts. 
Look how these gifts are wrapped and the merry messages stitched on the fabric - love that.

I have to say, Ikea has done a great job of showing how to use their products in fun new ways.

Personally I love a creatively wrapped gift. I always try do something thoughtful and unique. Ahem... except for the Christmas Eve wrap-a-thon of stocking stuffers. That ends up being a lot of tape, paper(recycled)and wine.

Which leads me to this...

What I would love to fit into our basement space is a place to wrap - a wrapping station.


I like this one from Pottery Barn. It fits neatly on a wall to organize your wrapping supplies.

I could also make my own. The cheap and cheerful version.

Supplies:


Peg board, Rona


+

Peg board hook, Rona
+

wood dowels, Stockade


+

storage containers, Ikea





Add some paint and you have a DIY wrapping station.

You could even add one of these wall-mounted drop-leaf tables from Ikea so you have a spot to wrap. It folds down when you don't need it.

I think I see a little project coming my way...I'll let you know how that goes.

Happy organizing!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!

There was an error in this gadget