The Junction Flea

Sunday morning I had just enough time for a quick visit to The Junction Flea. I hadn't been to their outdoor market since last summer so I was amazed at how much it had grown. There is a really nice balance of vintage, handmade and vendors selling yummy artisanal food. Too bad I didn't have enough time to sample!

I thought I'd share some pictures I snapped as I (too) quickly moved through the market.



Held one Sunday a month at an empty (for now) lot on Dundas just east of Keele. I wonder what their plans are when this is developed? I noticed a sign announcing some new building...



Some of the booths were very styled while others screamed dive in and look around. I bought a pretty necklace from Old Weston. (see below). I was drawn to the stack of suitcases with the vintage team photo in another booth. I love those old photos.



I also found this netti pot. It's a red cross version, made in Germany marked on bottom. You don't find these too often. I have a small collection of plain white pots that I will display in my bathroom when the shelving is done.



I was hoping to get an Augie's Ice Pop to go but the line-up was huge! Have you had one before? They are delicious!!



I was tempted to buy one of these blankets for my daughters room but it was too hot to think of where it would go. Maybe in the fall...



Walking back along Dundas I noticed this charming little nook in between two shops. How have I not noticed it before? It looks as it must have a century ago.

I love watching how The Junction has flourished over the last decade. I hope it retains its eclectic, little shop charm... Make sure you check out The Junction Flea if you are in the city. There is also a great Farmer's Market on Saturdays.




No comments

Thanks so much for your comments!