The Village - Colleen's Colourful & Cozy Family Home


I love sharing these home tours with you. 

Today I'm introducing you to Colleen and her colourful and welcoming family home.

Colleen has created a home that is full of character. Bright and cheerful. Stylish but comfortable. You know that a happy, busy family lives here.

When I think of Colleen, the three C's come to mind.

Cookies, Canning and Crafting


Colleen is a baker at heart, a woman on a mission to preserve good food and a weekend crafter. I admire how she has carved out time with her girls to craft on the weekends. Her home is filled with these fun projects. Memories that will last.

She lives in her Baby Point home with her husband Sean, their three daughters and their dog Findley.



One of my favorite spots in Colleen's house is her gallery wall. I love all the black & white photos documenting her family over the years. Many of the photos were taken by her friend and photographer Robert Ciolfi.


This is Colleen's favorite room - the family room. It is a new addition at the back of her home. It's a bright open space filled with collections and crafts. 



I love how Colleen incorporated this magnetic wall in the space to "pin up" fun photos and mementos.



Living room



Period details such as original wood trim and stained glass windows are found throughout the house.



The girls bedrooms are a favorite! Playful and colorful spaces.


A vintage chair from her grandmother is incorporated into the girls room.


Lots of pattern and fun accessories add pops of colour and a playful vibe to the girls bedrooms.





Thanks for letting us tour your lovely home Colleen!

A Q&A with Colleen

Name: Colleen Bailey Moffitt

Day Job: Human Resources Leader

Who lives in your house? 
5 people and a dog

When was your house built? 
"Our house was built in 1926; style is Tudor (I think!)"

What's your decorating style?
"I am inspired by spaces that bring people comfortably together to play, celebrate or just be together (I also love collections and all kinds of art!)"

What is your favorite room?
My family room

What's the biggest challenge in your home?
"Dealing with all our stuff and limited closets! Clutter is a constant battle."

Why I love my house...
"I love my house because it is on a perfect street, in a lovely community and it facilitates us gathering together with family and friends."


2 comments

  1. Beautiful home! I love the sense of family and belonging throughout the space, which is so different than the impersonal house reviews from @styleathome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Colleen's house is lovely and I enjoyed sharing it!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments!