Host A Cookie Swap!




I hosted my annual Cookie Swap last weekend. So much fun! If you like to bake (or eat!) cookies I encourage you to plan one. It's not too late! 

I thought I'd share the details on how you can host a successful cookie swap.




I have to confess I get a lot of teasing about my "rules" but I highly encourage you set some for your swap. It encourages great quality cookies that everyone will love.

See...

This is the decadent display of sweet cookie bliss that we ended up with. Recipes sources below. You're welcome :)




Recipe Links
1. Cranberry Pecan Noels 2. Shortbread Spritz 
5. Peppermint Merengues 6.Cranberry Shortbread 7. Cranberry Shortbread 8. Lemon Crinkle Cookies 9. Butter pecan Crescent Cookies 10. Chocolate Ginger Cookies 11. Cinnamon Nut Diamonds (see end of post)



"From the Kitchen of" rubber stamp from Penny Paper Co. 
Blank tags from my shop.








Cinnamon Nut Diamonds

1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup butter or margarine (softened)
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg yolk
½ cup ground walnuts or pecans 
1 egg
½ cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix first flour, salt and cinnamon.  Beat butter, sugar, vanilla and egg yolk with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add flour mixture and ground nuts to butter mixture. Spread in a greased 9 X 13 pan and pat down evenly. Beat egg and brush on dough. Sprinkle evenly with chopped nuts and press into dough.

Bake 25 – 30 minutes 
As your cookie comes out of the oven, cut into desired shape and remove to rack for cooling.
  
This recipe has been in this bakers family since she was a child. 
It's from Family Circle Magazine circa 1970 (!!)



Happy Baking!

Debra








No comments

Thanks so much for your comments!