Etsy Pop-Up at West Elm Toronto ( a re-cap)

A bit over due, however, I thought I would share a little re-cap of the fabulous Etsy Pop-Up I participated in last weekend at West Elm in Toronto. The Pop-Up was curated by Emma Reddington of The Marion House Book and Home Editor of Chatelaine Magazine. 



I was honored to be invited by Emma to participate. I know I told you about the event here but I thought I would share a few pictures and thoughts on the event.

My one regret was that I wish I had the time to wander around and chat with the other artists at this event, but I didn't. It was busy, which was great. It was so nice to meet people I had only interacted with online, including some of you who read my little blog here.

My pop-up neighbour, Heather Shaw of Pi'lo was lovely and her products are just gorgeous. Have you seen her work? It was nice to chat with her about creating and business. I love meeting other people who "live what they love". It is always so inspiring.

I also had a chance to chat a little with Avril Loreti. Another lovely and talented lady. Have you seen her beautiful textiles?
Thanks Avril for the tips and I look forward to seeing you at the Junction Flea this summer :)

Glory Hole Doughnuts was there sharing there to die for creations. I'm ordering these for my next party! So delicious!!

A big thank you and shout out to the team at West Elm Toronto especially Carlos for hosting this Pop-Up. It's so amazing that companies like West Elm like to connect with and are supportive of local business and makers through events like this.

Also a thank you to the team at Etsy for organizing this great event. I love the momentum I see happening on the Etsy Canada front. Some exciting collaborations are going on! 

It's exciting to see Etsy teaming up to host events and collaborate. In 2009,  I organized a one day event called A Spring Handmade Market. It featured local Etsy makers at The Gladstone Hotel. I was passionate about sharing handmade and I still am. I'm happy to see a version of it being carried on by Etsy's Toronto Street Team!

By the way, did you know that West Elm has made a public commitment to purchase $35 million dollars worth of handmade goods over the next two years. You can read about it here and Design Sponge just wrote a piece on the Etsy and West Elm collaboration here.

No comments

Thanks so much for your comments!