Thursday, September 11, 2014

My Chairish Style Board



A few weeks ago I was invited by Chairish to create a style board around one of their brightly coloured accent chairs. It was an invitation to step away from a more neutral colour palette and go a bit bolder.

I love a room with a neutral background and pops of colour but my personal style is usually small doses of colour. I try to stick to fairly neutral choices when it comes to big purchases.

I was familiar with Chairish but hadn't really explored it fully. Well, it turns out its a pretty amazing, curated, online market for vintage furniture and decor.  It's like a really well curated Craigslist!

I chose the olive green Mid Century Modern Swedish Arm Chair from there great selection of accent chairs, and then had a blast building a style board around the chair from the Chairish website and a few other favorite online retailers.

Isn't that vintage blue industrial shelving crazy beautiful? I love to mix styles of furniture and played with that ideas on my board. 

I like that you can shop by city. Isn't that great? Now, if only a few Canadian cities were available on the site. I know soo many Canadian design lovers who would go nuts for this.

Let me know what you think of my style board. It was fun to pull together.

You can check out Chairish here and you can shop the pieces for this collection below. By the way, this was not a sponsored post but done just for fun :)


Olive green mid-century modern chair via Chairish

Vintage blue mechanic industrial shelving via Chairish

Moroccan Boucherouite Carpet via Chairish

Carved wood coffee table via West Elm

Sediment Side Table via CB2

Marble and wood Octahedron via West Elm

Copper pillow via Chanee Vijay Textiles on Etsy

Vintage "Wonderful Copenhagen" print via Retro Vintage Posters on Etsy

Vintage green books via Huckster Haven on Etsy
https://www.chairish.com/collection/accent-chairs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!

There was an error in this gadget