Dreaming of a lavender and fern garden with vintage touches

Have you been working on your garden yet? The rain has made everything green and lush. I'm itching to get in the garden and do some planting.

Our beds need some order brought to them. So we need a plan. I prefer a more monochromatic coloured garden but I'm thinking I want to try out adding lavender (various types) and lavender coloured plants and flowers. More hosta and lots of ferns in different varieties.
 
A pot of lavender I picked up from the green grocer on Bloor Street and some hosta and ferns I spotted on Plant World's website. They have a handy tool called plant finder


Here is a shot of part of our backyard right now. Time to get it organized this weekend.

Our backyard before we tackle some organizing and planting. That's the green bench on the left that I bought via Craigslist. It will go at the back and we will add a backing to it at some point.


Last year we built two modern looking sheds at the back of our yard. The plan was to have a potting table between them. I finally found one I love a few weeks ago on Craigslist. It had been sitting in someones garage for decades. When we turned it over to check out the bottom, as one does when you want to know where it came from, we spotted an original tag and stamp marking it as Property of Northern Telecom. I guess someone took it as a work souvenir? So, it's a gorgeous faded green hardwood bench that will be perfect for my pots. I have a lot...I'm kind of obsessed with garden and plant pots. I regularly scoop them up at thrift shops and markets when they are a good deal.


the old bench and soon to be potting table + my thrift shop find
 

Casual country bar cart via Wayfair / Andorra low round bowl via Restoration Hardware / Glass cylinder vases via Terrain / antique crock pot is mine picked up for $3 at a thrift shop!


Look at this cart with all the glass. I need a bigger yard or perhaps it could go on my deck against the privacy screen. It would make a great bar cart. If it came with those jars it would be mine. I love old glass. It's another obsession. Apparently I have a lot of those - glass jars and obsessions.

In my dreams I would open a shop filled with old things and plants and kitcheny decor goodness but I live in Toronto and retail space is crazy expensive so I'm thinking I should just start selling online. What do you think? PS I just had this amazing idea pop into my head when I was writing this. So now I have to go and spend some time with it.

Anyways, just a little inspiration and behind the scenes of what is going on around here + a little rambling ;)

No comments

Thanks so much for your comments!